Sunday, October 19, 2008

Grandkid Jack-O'-Lanterns - A Fun Idea












Saturday, I stopped at the Farmer's Market in our neighborhood to pick up some fresh tomatos. There was a big trailer full of cheap pumpkins, so I thought we should have a couple of Jack-O'-Lanterns. Then I tried to think of what to carve. How about if I cast a spell on some of our grandkids and turn them into Jack-O'-Lanterns? Yeah! That would be fun! For me, at least. (Grandma Suzi accuses me of doing it so I could procrastinate a certain weekly chore that I don't like very much. Busted!) Anyway, taking some of her recent portraits, I transferred them to the pumpkins and began carving. This is what they look like with the room light on, and no light inside. See the post below for the finished products. And while you're looking, try to guess which two grandchildren have been enchanted and turned into Jack-O'-Lanterns. Good luck.

Papa Duck

3 comments:

Elisse said...

Looks like Bailey (profile) and Tessa (face front) to me.

What a great artist you are!

~Elisse

Aaron said...

Looks to us like the 2nd one is Breanne...The first one looks like Katie.

emily said...

I think the first one is either Kassandra or Katie and the second is Breanne....someone I live with helped me with both of those!

Nice job Dad!! Who are they?