Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Astronomy Photos







Here are some of my favorite astronomy photos. The first photo is of a meteor flying through the Big Dipper during the Perseid meteor shower many years ago. My first meteor capture. The next two are of Comet Hale-Bopp, March 1997. The first one was published on the cover of the Utah Bar Journal, and later won "Cover of the Year." (My 15 seconds of fame!) All of these three were taken under the dark skies of our cabin 30 minutes east of Park City, UT. Next is the Moon (duh!) taken with a hand-held digital camera through my telescope eyepiece. Next is Comet 17P Holmes in Nov., 2007, with a small meteor above and left of comet. Then, Comet Hyakutake, spring, 1996. These last three were all taken from the Salt Lake Valley, not ideal dark skies. I will add others as time goes on. Enjoy!