Saturday, February 21, 2009

Skiing at Jordan Pines (Donut Falls)



I thought Aaron & Nan would enjoy this one. We had a sledding party for the young single adults this morning at Jordan Pines / Donut Falls (Big Cottonwood Canyon). I took my camera along, and got this shot. If you enlarge the photo, you'll see to the left of the big middle tree (below the shadow) two skiers hiking up the mountain. If you look on the ridge-line to the right of the same tree, you will see a few skiers getting ready to come down through the powder. In most of the open areas, you can see the tracks of skiers who have already made their runs. They all have to hike to the top - this is not a mountain with a ski lift! Aaron, this is you!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

That is making me drool. I miss hiking those canyons. Thanks for sharing...ever since I got my split-board stolen out of my garage in Lehi I have deprived myself of most of those awesome ascents...I need to get back.