Monday, February 9, 2009

Mystery of Missing Measuring Cup Solved!



With the New Year, I decided to get "back on the wagon" for exercising and eating right (after about a two-month "vacation"). So, for about a week, I exercised every day. The eating right part was harder though. I couldn't find the one-cup measuring cup that I use for fixing my oatmeal. How could I eat my oatmeal if I couldn't follow my established routine? Suzanne swore that she had not misplaced it. She also reminded me that I could simply use the half-cup measuring cup, and fill it twice. I considered that, but the departure from routine was all the excuse I needed to procrastinate getting "back on the oatmeal wagon." So, for five weeks I kept telling myself that one of these days I would start eating oatmeal again. Maybe I would even stop at the store and buy a new one-cup measuring cup! Finally, this morning, I decided I would try to break through the mental block and try using the half-cup measuring cup. So, I got the oatmeal out of the pantry, and what did I find? You guessed it! The elusive missing one-cup measuring cup! Busted! Oh man! I am never going to hear the end of this from my sweet Suzanne! She's still laughing! I just write it off to my early stages of . . . . Oh! what's the name of that blasted disease that wipes out your memory? Anyway, you know what I mean. Hey! Stop laughing at me! It's not funny!

2 comments:

photography by suzanne said...

Just remember that this is my new reply...I think you left it in the oatmeal box!

Nan said...

How hilarious! So funny that it went on for 5 weeks! I dont think its alzheimer's though...Aaron has done this type of thing many times before. You guys must be related or something. ;) At least you know where Suzanne keeps the measuring cups!