Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Speaking of nests with eggs . . .

Five days ago (May 14) Suzanne and I took pictures of two new robin nests in our yard. One in a maple tree, the other in an Austrian pine. Both were quite new, and both were empty. Then today (May 19) I hoisted a mirror up above the nests and verified the presence of eggs! As we raised the camera above the nests for new pictures, you can imagine the scolding we received from the robins! They were furious! Squawking the whole time. At least they did not attack us. If they had attacked, I think Suzanne would have abandoned the project - she was in charge of operating the wireless remote shutter trigger, while I held the camera aloft. Here are the best of our pictures. Now, we're not going to invade their privacy again until the chicks hatch out. Stay tuned.












1 comment:

Emily Dunn said...

This is really cool! I also love the shots of the quail in the post below.