Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mountain Peaks from Draper, UT



Suzanne got a new more advanced Nikon camera for Christmas, and I "inherited" the old one - still a very nice camera! These are my first photos. All three pictures were taken on the same afternoon (Jan. 7, 2009) from the same exact spot (I just swivelled the tripod head). They were taken from the street that borders our subdivision - about a half-mile from our house on the western edge of Draper, Utah. I was hoping to catch the pink sunset reflection on these snowy peaks, but the battery died just as the pink was starting to appear. I'll try again in a few days. The first one is Lone Peak, elev. 11,253 ft. Next is Timpanogos, elev. 11,722 ft. The last one (two actually) is Twin Peaks, elev. 11,489 ft. Some of my kids have climbed Lone Peak and Timpanogos, but I never have. Enjoy!






No comments: